Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Fun!

Saturday we headed to Bowling Green to watch WKU's first home football game. The game started at 4, but we headed out early for some tailgating before the game. We met up with the Watson's and set up all our stuff in what was apparantely a no tailgating zone. A worker for Western came to tell us we were not allowed to be there but saw Owen and Eli along with all of our stuff and let us stay. He said he couldn't say no to the babies. :) We had a perfect little spot with picnic tables, shade, and a somewhat gated area for the boys to walk around in. Morgan brought carpet for the boys and a pack-n-play.

It's tailgating time!!! Morgan and I couldn't wait any longer to try a piece...here is a post picture of the cute cookie cake.

Helping Gabe put Baggo up.

They got a little toasty by the end of it.


Heading into the game...


GO TOPS!!!!

Looking cool wearing Dada's hat.



Morgan and I took the boys behind the bleachers into the shade and let them walk around a little bit. They were so proud of themselves.

After seeing a few people get over-heated and hot ourselves, we decided to leave the game at half-time and head to Bruster's to get an ice cream.

Yummy purple dinosaur ice cream.


The boys were trying to figure out how to get another ice cream cone. :)

Eric and the boys

After Bruster's we didn't want to stop hanging out yet, so we decided to take them to Chuck E. Cheese's. Owen had not been before and definitely enjoyed himself!

First ride at Chuck E. Cheese's

Owen and Eli getting into the bus ride.

Owen already knows what to do when he drives. He had his arm around the mouse the whole time. It cracked me up!

A clock ride. In my opinion, this one was pretty weird.

Monster truck ride

On Sunday, Gabe and I took Owen to Kentucky Down Under. I have always wanted to go and just had not made it there yet. I found out that this weekend was Logan County days, which meant we got in for $5 instead of $22 a person. I couldn't pass this deal up!

Gabe and I were impressed by how adventurous the cave was.

Owen being super silly down in the cave.

Gabe and Owen checking out the stalagtites. I actually listened. :)


Family picture down in the cave.

Even though this picture is pretty blurry, I think you can tell they were both a little unsure about this. Owen did pretty well to begin with, but then the waterworks started. I don't blame him! I would have felt the same way!

They all stood up when they saw the camel walking around. Two of them hopped right in front of Gabe and Owen.

Makes me think of that movie Kangaroo Jack. He just needs shades.

Owen petting the kangaroo. I was amazed by how soft it was. I also think it is interesting that they don't get fleas or ticks.

Owen petting the emu.

Gabe and Owen feeding the birds. I went in just to take pictures, but the birds still landed on me and were pecking at my neck. I think I take after my mom a little bit because I was totally freakin.

1 comment: