Sunday, August 8, 2010

Owen's 1st Birthday!!!

Owen turned one on August 3rd. I CANNOT believe is already a year old!!!! In one way it feels like he has always been a part of our lives, but in another, it is so hard to believe it has already been a year! He is definitely the best thing that has ever happened in my life! His smile can melt my heart and it pretty much does every day. I love him so much and I am so proud to be able to call him my son! Here is a look at how we celebrated his special day!

Gabe was able to take the day off and spend it with Owen. I met them at the barber shop as soon as I got out of school for Owen's first hair-cut!
His hair is all gone! I never would have guessed it, but I was fighting back tears after it was done. I kinda miss his wild curled up hair and the way it kept his baby-look.

He looks WAY too much like a little boy in this picture!


Hey...it's my birthday!!!

Look at me...I am WALKING!!!


Checking out his new book.


A lunchbox! I know it's not a typical present for a first birthday, but we pack his lunch everyday. So we thought it would be ok, especially if it had a monkey on it!


He knew what his lunchbox was for. Yum Yum!



Mickey Mouse Club House Books...YAY!



Bath toys!



The best present for last...a wagon!!! We headed to Bowling Green for this present. We bought a used wagon from Gabe's boss and picked it up at the Bowling Green store. It worked out pretty well because it was really hot outside, so we strolled around in the mall with it.


I think he likes it! :)


Then we headed to Fazzoli's where Owen enjoyed some spaghetti. Did you know how much fun it is to make your spaghetti noodles dance???


Yum....



We topped the night off with Owen's first ice cream cone. He definitely enjoyed his birthday cake flavored ice cream. He ate the whole thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment