Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vanderburgh County 4H Fair

The Vanderburgh County 4H Fair has special memories for me. As I have mentioned before, I was in 4H for ten years and worked as a summer staffer for two years. Vanderburgh county is where it all happened! This is what we worked for! Now granted, we might have started most of our projects just a week before the fair started, but it was all worth it once you stepped foot into the fair. The excitement, joy, and anticipation to see how you did with your projects is a memory I hope I never lose. Working for 4H was one of, if not, my favorite jobs I have ever had! Pure joy and positive attitudes! (Something I miss a little bit!) Growing up, we were at the fair every day basically from open to close. We haven't been able to come the last two years so I jumped at the bit to come this year. To the point that I had just finished my first three days of school with kiddos and my son's birthday party was the very next day. (Did I mention it is a two hour drive to get here?) It was worth it!!! I enjoyed the best fair food (walking tacos and ice cream), looked at some awesome projects, checked out some animals, hung out with my family, and saw some familar faces!
Owen was ready for the fair after Mama talking about it so much! :)

Owen must be pretty special to Pops, he shared some of his delicious ice cream with him!!!


All of you that know me, knew I couldn't pass up this photo-op!


Owen checking out the kissing llama in the petting zoo tent.


You are not seeing things, that IS Owen's name hanging up with the projects. My former 4H leader, better known as my second Mom, made this for Owen's room. She got 3rd place on her awesome work!!!


Uncle Jim came along with us and checked out the race car with Owen.


It was very entertaining watching Jim trying to get out of the race car. He lost his shoes and everything! :)


Have you ever seen a lawn mower with a grill on the back of it?!!


I think Owen was enjoying the fair, he got comfortable as you can see!


Owen had the best time running with Uncle Jim!
We left the fair a little earlier than in the past because of Owen's party the next day. So, we did miss out on the main event at the fair...the demolition derby! All in all, we had a great time! I hope that two years don't go by before we get back!










No comments:

Post a Comment