Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spoiled...

I am spoiled! I am not going to deny the fact that I have been spolied my whole life. For instance, this morning, my Dad made me egg in a hole. Delicious! My parents have always tried to make me feel special! With this being said, I want to focus on the last two weeks (my fall break). I have been spolied with time. I have been able to spend every day with my precious baby boy. I am able to get him out of bed and not have to rush off to work, but spend time with him. I am going to miss spending all day with him when I go back to school.

I have been spoiled with my family. Gabe worked open to close at his store (8-8) Thursday through Saturday, so I headed out Thursday morning to my parent's house. There are a lot of things and people I could see when I am in town, but I am selfish and want to spend all of my time with my parents. They are wonderful! I also got to see my sister and nephew while we were in town. I cherish my time with them! I do get to see them a lot, but it will be a couple of weeks before I do again.

I think most of all...I have been spoiled with my time with Gabe. The first week of break, Gabe was able to take a week off and we went on vacation. I was able to spend all day every day with him. This week because he worked open to close at the end of the week (when I went to my parent's house), he was able to get off early Monday and Tuesday and had Wednesday off. We were able to sit down and have dinner together, play with Owen, spend time as a family, and just spend time with each other. I am going to miss it so much! He has to work tomorrow and then he will be back to his normal schedule closing 4 out of 5 nights during the week and working most every Saturday and some Sunday's. By the time he gets home during the week, about 8:30, Owen is already asleep and I am worn out. I have to say that I am so jealous of my friends whose husband's are on a set schedule and come home in the early evening and have every weekend off. I am not going to say that I am ungrateful for the job Gabe has, but I do long for a day when he will be able to come home at 5 and have weekends off. I miss him! I miss our family time!

1 comment:

  1. I used to work nights and weekends until I got this new job. I'll never take it forgranted again. When the time comes, and it will, you will cherish the new schedule to no end. Thinking of you today...if you get bored...call me!!

    ReplyDelete